Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2245317 - 11/09/20 08:21 PM Credit Decision - Without Intent To Proceed
Shih_Tzu_Lvr Offline
Can you provide a credit decision (Notice Of Incomplete, Approval or Denial) prior to receiving intent to proceed from the applicant?

Please note this is after the 3 day period and a Loan Estimate / Disclosures have been released to the applicant.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2245320 - 11/09/20 08:34 PM Re: Credit Decision - Without Intent To Proceed Shih_Tzu_Lvr
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Well, i don't see how an approval would be possible, since you wouldn't have ordered title work and the appraisal prior to receiving the ITP. But a denial for incomplete application or closed for incompleteness (if you sent the notice)? Sure, assuming you mean the 10 "good through" days have passed.

Return to Top
#2245353 - 11/10/20 03:59 PM Re: Credit Decision - Without Intent To Proceed Shih_Tzu_Lvr
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You could decide not to make the loan after three days but before the ten-day deadline based on a credit report. And you could provide the applicant with an adverse action notice before the applicant has decided to proceed with the application.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2245377 - 11/10/20 05:48 PM Re: Credit Decision - Without Intent To Proceed Shih_Tzu_Lvr
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
John...my thought on that was that at a minimum, it's sort of an industry standard to pull the credit report before issuing the LE. You agree?

Return to Top
#2245378 - 11/10/20 05:52 PM Re: Credit Decision - Without Intent To Proceed Shih_Tzu_Lvr
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Loan officer actions and industry standards - I think that represents an oxymoron.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z