Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#75818 - 04/25/03 01:02 PM Loan Fees and Disclosure
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
My bank is planning on instituting 2 news fees on home equity lines. The first will be a fee assessed for customers who don't write the minimum check amount on their line ($500.00) and the second will be customers who write a check over their line limit. I'm wondering if anyone else charges similar fees and if you'd be willing to share your disclosures with me?? I appreciate it, thanks.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#75819 - 04/25/03 01:06 PM Re: Loan Fees and Disclosure
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I have seen banks do both. Just remember, you can only assess these fees on new accounts going forward and can't impose them on lines already open unless you receive the borrower's written agreement.

Return to Top
#75820 - 04/25/03 02:00 PM Re: Loan Fees and Disclosure
Anonymous
Unregistered

You also need to check applicable state laws. We are located in several states that do not permit overlimit charges. As a consequence, lines offered in some states have overlimit charges and lines offered in other states do not. We do not charge a fee for drawing less than the minimum draw amount.

Return to Top
#75821 - 04/25/03 04:05 PM Re: Loan Fees and Disclosure
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Pam, we charge both fees. If you'd like to contact me I'd be happy to send you our disclosures (Laser Pro).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z