Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#392007 - 07/27/05 06:04 AM periodic statements open-end
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there a timing requirement for when the periodic statements must be sent? Why do I think there is one but can't find it...tough question I know. Thanks!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#392008 - 07/27/05 11:39 AM Re: periodic statements open-end
Anonymous
Unregistered

From 12 CFR 226.5(b):

(2) Periodic statements. (i) The creditor shall mail or deliver a periodic statement as required by Sec. 226.7 for each billing cycle at the end of which an account has a debit or credit balance of more than $1 or on which a finance charge has been imposed. A periodic statement need not be sent for an account if the creditor deems it uncollectible, or if delinquency collection proceedings have been instituted, or if furnishing the statement would violate Federal law.
(ii) The creditor shall mail or deliver the periodic statement at least 14 days prior to any date or the end of any time period required to be disclosed under Sec. 226.7(j) in order for the consumer to avoid an additional finance or other charge.10 A creditor that fails to meet this requirement shall not collect any finance or other charge imposed as a result of such failure.

10 This timing requirement does not apply if the creditor is unable to meet the requirement because of an act of God, war, civil disorder, natural disaster, or strike.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z