Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#450222 - 10/31/05 07:34 PM Flood - Mobile Home
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are doing a real estate loan for the land of a mobile home park. We are not taking a security interest in the mobile home. Since the mobile home is on the property it makes since to me we need to check to see if the property is in a flood zone. Does it matter if the wheels are still attached? Could someone please provide me with some guidence? We are going to pull a flood determination and if the property comes back in a flood zone, I need to know how to handle this. Thanks

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#450223 - 10/31/05 07:48 PM Re: Flood - Mobile Home
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If there are no structures securing the loan, then the flood requirements do not apply. Just remember that a qualifying structure does not have to be a residential structure.

Return to Top
#450224 - 11/01/05 01:20 AM Re: Flood - Mobile Home
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Some things to consider, if you do end up with "structures" as collateral, these could be sheds, storage buildings or rental units, which often happens, you may need this verification. And it is always good to know in the event you have to sell this land at some future date.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z