Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#465285 - 12/02/05 09:29 PM Lending
Controlled Chaos Offline
New Poster
Tennessee
We are interested in placing a "preferred lender" link on the website of a local real estate agent. There would be a flat fee for the service and an application link which would be forwarded directly to the mortgage originator. What compliance issues are associated with this?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#465286 - 12/02/05 11:30 PM Re: Lending
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
Tailor your contract very carefully. You should ensure it is clear you are paying for an advertisement and not for referrals. You should also ensure the ad rate is not out of line with the market. For instance, i/m/o you are asking for a problem if you pay the realtor more than you would pay your local newspaper's online site.

Return to Top
#465287 - 12/05/05 05:46 AM Re: Lending
Austin5283 Offline
New Poster
Canada
I am looking for a source of a 'generic' consumer lending policy manual that I can use to create a suitable set of guidelines for a client newly engaged in providing unsecured 'niche' consumer loans. My backing background is in corporate lending and I am a bit of a 'fish out of water' on this one. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Return to Top
#465288 - 12/05/05 06:39 PM Re: Lending
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
Austin, as it is not related to the subject at hand, you would get more attention if you started a new Post for this item.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z