Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#626184 - 10/18/06 06:31 PM RESPA HUD-1 and HUD-1A
BLPage Offline
100 Club
Virginia
Appendix A of RESPA, Reg X, supplies completion information for Section H, Settlement Agent and Place of Settlement, for the HUD-1, but not for the HUD-1A. Does this mean those two sections can be left blank on the HUD-1A?

There are no borrower signature requirements for the HUD-1, but the HUD-1A sample in Appendix A has a borrower signature line. Does this mean that borrowers must sign the HUD-1A?

It's confusing. Advice will be appreciated.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#626185 - 10/18/06 06:57 PM Re: RESPA HUD-1 and HUD-1A
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
From Appendix A:

Line Item Instructions

The identification information at the top of the HUD-1A should be completed as follows:

The borrower's name and address is entered in the space provided. If the property securing the loan is different from the borrower's address, the address or other location information on the property should be entered in the space provided. The loan number is the lender's identification number for the loan. The settlement date is the date of settlement in accordance with Sec. 3500.2, not the end of any applicable rescission period. The name and address of the lender should be entered in the space provided.

There is no regulatory requirement for the borrowers to sign either the HUD 1 or HUD 1A.

Return to Top
#626186 - 10/18/06 07:04 PM Re: RESPA HUD-1 and HUD-1A
BLPage Offline
100 Club
Virginia
Thank you. Your Appendix A quote is what caused me the problem to begin with. Then the answer to my question is, "Yes, Section H, Settlement Agent and Place, can be BLANK on the HUD-1A." Why that information needs to be on one settlement statement but left off the other is just confusing to me.

And the borrower does NOT have to sign the HUD-1A even though there is a line to do so on the sample. Doesn't make sense either.

Your advice is appreciated and I will move forward accordingly...............

Return to Top
#626187 - 10/18/06 07:23 PM Re: RESPA HUD-1 and HUD-1A
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
My sample HUD 1A does not have a section H for a settlement agent. I guess that's what confused me about your question.

Keep in mind these are sample forms. Neither the ACT or the Regulation requires the HUD statements to be signed. However, if the signature line is present on your form, then it would be wise to have the borrowers sign them.

Return to Top
#626188 - 10/18/06 07:54 PM Re: RESPA HUD-1 and HUD-1A
BLPage Offline
100 Club
Virginia
Again, thank you. The sample HUD-1A in the Reg, does have section H and "that's" what confused me !

When I copy the sample HUD-1A from Reg X, I'll just white-out the borrower signature line and get rid of the settlement fields.

You've been a great help !

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z