Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1615213 - 10/13/11 02:59 PM Appraisals for OREO and age?
Shopgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
Southeast
I've not worked alot with the new appraisal standards so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with some questions.
We had about 8 different lake property lots in OREO. We had a buyer for all of them and we did a loan for the buyer to purchase all 8 lots. Now, we had current appraisals/evaluations on all but two of the lots. The other 2 lots we had evaluations, but they were about 17 months old. The age of these apparisals in todays given environment should be a no-no, but nevertheless, it happened. So, what is the regulatory age limit for appraisals/evaluations to be reused? Second, if the value of the 6 appraisals/evaluations on the other lots combined was enough to cover the loan amount, is there any violation of not having a current appraisal/evaluation on these 2 other properties, or do we have to have a current appraisal/evaluation on each property that secures the loan?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1615555 - 10/13/11 07:30 PM Re: Appraisals for OREO and age? Shopgirl
Shopgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
Southeast
Another question.....does it matter that these are OREO properties? Can this be considered a subsequent transaction that would only require an evaluation? By the way, the loan amount is 1.6MM

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z