Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1859192 - 10/07/13 07:53 PM Marital status on Ready Reserve
Everest Offline
Gold Star
I'm just starting to learn and review ready reserve loans (overdraft loan)and am trying to figure out if it is a requirement to collecte marital status this type of loan.
Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1859199 - 10/07/13 08:00 PM Re: Marital status on Ready Reserve Everest
Diane Dean Offline
Here is a citation from Regulation B (ยง1002.5(d) regarding marital status inquiries:

(d) Other limitations on information requests. (1) Marital status. If an applicant applies for individual unsecured credit, a creditor shall not inquire about the applicant's marital status unless the applicant resides in a community property state or is relying on property located in such a state as a basis for repayment of the credit requested. If an application is for other than individual unsecured credit, a creditor may inquire about the applicant's marital status, but shall use only the terms married, unmarried, and separated. A creditor may explain that the category unmarried includes single, divorced, and widowed persons.

Return to Top
#1859213 - 10/07/13 08:07 PM Re: Marital status on Ready Reserve Everest
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I believe the only time you are REQUIRED to collect that information is if it's subject to 1002.13 of Reg B. Ready reserve loans don't generally fall under that section.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z