Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2002690 - 03/19/15 06:02 PM HUD Delinquency Notice
Jade'sFire Offline
Gold Star
Jade'sFire
Yaven IV
I just saw this update to the housing counseling notice to delinquent borrowers. We are thinking of updating our current notice with the additional information required. Is anyone using the new model template?

"Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) published Mortgagee Letter 2015-04, Revised Notification to Homeowners of Availability of Housing Counseling Services. This Mortgagee Letter updates the content and provides a model template of the availability of HUD-approved housing counseling. It also provides a description of potential services and benefits of housing counseling to delinquent borrowers."

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2005418 - 03/31/15 08:53 PM Re: HUD Delinquency Notice Jade'sFire
ComplianceBiker Offline
New Poster
That homeownership counseling notice prescribed by HUD in ML 2015-04 appears to be missing 3 of the 5 information items required under 12 USC 1701x(c)(5)(A)(ii) - the items (I), (II), and (V) are all missing from that model notice.

My question is: Are most people using the HUD model notice? Or are most of you using your own form?

Return to Top
#2005430 - 03/31/15 09:26 PM Re: HUD Delinquency Notice Jade'sFire
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I think there is a lot more than that wrong with that letter:

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2005088#Post2005088

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z