Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2119920 - 02/28/17 09:48 PM Bonuses and Deposit Accounts from Loan Customers
ComplianceMN Offline
MN
Ok not sure if this belongs in the lending or deposit forum so I will start here. Is there any thing that would prevent us from incenting our lenders to gets a lending customers primary deposit account? So it would be structured as one of the lenders goals to receiving their annual bonus. I know we cannot require a consumer to open a deposit account with us when they get a loan with us but would we be prevent from tying our lenders incentive compensation to a goal tied to getting lending customers primary deposit accounts. Thanks!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2119939 - 02/28/17 10:19 PM Re: Bonuses and Deposit Accounts from Loan Customers ComplianceMN
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Are you talking about consumer lenders or commercial lenders? For commercial lenders, I don't see a problem.

Return to Top
#2119981 - 03/01/17 02:13 PM Re: Bonuses and Deposit Accounts from Loan Customers ComplianceMN
ComplianceMN Offline
MN
I believe they are looking at potentially both consumer and commercial lenders.

Return to Top
#2120154 - 03/01/17 11:19 PM Re: Bonuses and Deposit Accounts from Loan Customers ComplianceMN
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
For incentives regarding the opening of consumer accounts refer to Wells Fargo.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z