We currently lend in some very rural areas where at times we may not know what town/city the appraiser is coming from. So we make our best guess on appraisal since the LE needs to go out. Sometimes we do not get an appraiser to accept the appraisal until well after the LE was sent out. On the LE we usually shoot a little higher knowing that will probably be the case. We have had an appraiser on multiple occasions come back and accept the appraisal except at a much higher rate. I know that appraisal fee is a zero percent tolerance. So in these cases, the bank is having to eat the extra cost. With not know who the appraiser might be in some of these cases what are other institutions doing to ensure that they are disclosing a decent appraisal fee and so the bank does have pay the difference. I know we were told that we need to be careful in over stating the appraisal fee since the LE is supposed to be a "good faith estimate." I am just curios if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations.