Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2251527 - 03/30/21 09:31 PM I/O ARM - Principal Paydown during I/O period
Tarhe Online
Diamond Poster
California
We have a Mortgage ARM loan with a 5-year interest-only period that then fully amortizes over the remaining term (with annual rate/payment changes). If the borrower makes a large principal paydown during the interest-only period, would we simply reflect that in the next periodic statement showing less interest is due? A Payment Change Notice is NOT required since it is specific to interest rate adjustments that cause the payment to change. Is that correct? Thank you!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2251534 - 03/31/21 11:49 AM Re: I/O ARM - Principal Paydown during I/O period Tarhe
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am confused - if it is in the interest only period - what is your other option?

Return to Top
#2251575 - 03/31/21 04:44 PM Re: I/O ARM - Principal Paydown during I/O period Tarhe
Tarhe Online
Diamond Poster
California
You're right. After thinking about it some more overnight (always a good thinking time!) I realize that the next billing statement would simply reflect the amount of interest due on the outstanding principal during that billing period. Thanks for the response!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z