Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2125869 - 04/11/17 07:24 PM Required to Obtain Proof of Flood Policy
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Hi! If you close a loan with the application and proof of payment - are you required to get the dec page proving flood insurance coverage within any certain time period and if you don't get it can you force place?

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2125871 - 04/11/17 07:28 PM Re: Required to Obtain Proof of Flood Policy Tesla
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There is no specific requirement, but most banks pend for it and if not received in 60-90 days they start with contacting the borrower.

Return to Top
#2125872 - 04/11/17 07:30 PM Re: Required to Obtain Proof of Flood Policy rlcarey
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
OK thanks. Would it be a violation - do you think- if you force placed for failure to provide a dec page after you provided the application and paid receipt?

Return to Top
#2125876 - 04/11/17 07:44 PM Re: Required to Obtain Proof of Flood Policy Tesla
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you have doubt that the policy was never actually issued, then I would be sending a 45 day letter and put them on notice. If the policy was never actually purchased and you had both an application and proof of payment from the insurance agent, my next call would be to the Department of Insurance in your State. I would also contemplate a SAR for mortgage fraud.

Return to Top
#2125878 - 04/11/17 07:46 PM Re: Required to Obtain Proof of Flood Policy Tesla
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
OK thanks Randy!

Return to Top