Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1872162 - 11/18/13 06:35 PM Expired Fingerprints
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
One of our MLOs received this message when she was reviewing her account prior to renewal: The fingerprint record expiration date indicates the date “existing prints” can no longer be processed through NMLS. New prints will be required if a criminal background check authorization is required after the expiration date. The date is February 2014.

Does she need to retake her fingerprints and will all the other MLOs start expiring soon. I saw something about 3 years being able to use the previously taken prints but not sure this is the time limit for current MLOs. This MLO already had her NMLS when she started with us last year.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1872350 - 11/19/13 01:55 PM Re: Expired Fingerprints Lele
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I believe the expiration date only matters if a CBC is initiated. Menaing that as long as she stays your employee, the expiration doesn't matter because you aren't going to pull another CBC on her. Now if she leaves your employment after the expiration date and goes to another bank, she will have to get her fingerprints redone for the CBC ordered by that new employer.

Best bet would be to call NMLS though to verify.

Return to Top
#1872670 - 11/19/13 09:59 PM Re: Expired Fingerprints Lele
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
I called them and they said that they couldn't tell me whether or not to have her re-do her fingerprints. I think though that I will call and maybe get someone else... Thanks for the response!

Return to Top
#1872872 - 11/20/13 06:39 PM Re: Expired Fingerprints Lele
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
@ Dani - Called back and this time they said exactly what you said. Thank you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett