Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Fallgirl
Title: Re: lack of support

I was having a similar problem when I first joined the bank I am at now. The compliance role here was somewhat new (three years) and I was the 3rd compliance officer they had. Somehow the first two ended up taking on retail responsibilities in addition to compliance. Obviously this was too much responsibility and the compliance part was pushed aside. I have no desire to be a retail manager nor do I really have the aptitude. My skills are for compliance/audit so I had a meeting with management to discuss my concerns. It went well and now everyone is on the same page regarding the function of audit. I still wear many hats, but at least its more compliance/audit related hats. I still have questions that are outside of my job function, but now I am comfortable giving my opinion and letting management make the decision regarding what should be done. I had no problem leaving if things were not addressed after discussing them with management. Depending on where you are, I'm assuming there is a demand for good compliance officers.