Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: StarryNight
Title: Re: Feeling Frustrated

Originally Posted By: YankeeFan
At least you are concerned with compliance at your bank. The compliance officer at my bank doesn't do much, if any, training or work for that matter. A "Compliance Committee" has been formed recently (which I am now part of) to basically have one person per department teaching all other departments compliance issues within the bank. The problem with that is, most of us don't know all compliance issues within our department so how are we supposed to teach someone else!

Yankee Fan: I am also a member of a newly formed compliance committee, and although it has been challenging to learn about the regs, I don't see it as a bad thing or as something that shouldn't be part of my job. No matter what department you are in, there are regulations, why not take ownership of this and use your role on the compliance committe to your advantage? You said you don't know the compliance issues of the bank or your department, not knowing could put you at risk for violating regs. If you are in the mtg dept there are plenty of new reg changes affecting you.

You said your compliance officer "doesn't do anything", this seems hard to believe, a lot of his/her work is behind the scenes and is not something you see the effect it has on your department daily. I would be careful about judging others quality of work until you know their workload.