Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: NMB
Title: Re: Studying for CRCM Exam

Originally Posted By: Boatn Shasta
I'm studying now to test in April.

I don't get to take the on line course and I have an outdated book from 2009.

How bad is this going to mess me up?

I'm debating on wether or not to shell out for a course and the book on my own dime but would really rather not have to.

Did everyone else's FI pay for their course materials?

Please report back to let us know how you did. smile

I just took the exam and used a borrowed 5 year old study guide along with the Big Orange Book for anything that was new or changed. This was a very time-consuming way to study. If I had to choose again, I would have bought a current study guide.

My bank paid the test fee, but not for any study materials. (Management probably couldn't figure out why, at 60 years old, I wanted to do this now. But my life just got simplified enough to make time for the studying.)

Like many of you, I was not at all confident of my performance. It is many years since grad school and my ability to retain what I was studying had definitely diminished. So my advise is: If any of you are contemplating taking the exam, go for it now! Don't wait.