Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: David Dickinson
Title: Re: curing tolerance violations on the HUD

Quote:
I am meeting the RESPA requirement of refunding the dollar amount over the 10 % allowed but is it really a violation to show the credit on page 3?

Originally Posted By: BAL
Yes, I understand where to find the FAQs. But he notes 4/12/10 not 4/2/2010. Last known FAQs I'm aware of are from 4/2/2010. In order to be on the same page, I was hoping to have either a direct link or confirmation he meant FAQs from 4/2/10 and if so what page and question number does he see "tolerance buckets" noted?

Yes it was a typo. 4/2/10 was the last FAQs issued by HUD.

Maybe I'm reading this whole string wrong, but I'm going to vent: We try to help - free of charge. I make a typo, which I believe a reasonable person would have determined (Dan did with his link and Truffle commented as such) and some act like I'm making things up. We offer more guidance to back up our statements and we get told "prove it". Look up the FAQs yourself. It's there. Dan gives a link and we still get challenged. HUD has made this clear. We tell you what HUD says and we still get challenged. No thanks, just challenged.

Keep this in mind: all of the advise provided here at BOL is free of charge. All of us have things we could be doing besides helping you. I'm not asking anyone to believe me, just because I say it, but it would be nice to see some effort (research it yourself - especially when we hand you the source) and some appreciation.

Again, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this string set me off. (Coming off the soapbox now)