Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: HappyGilmore
Title: Re: Two Weeks Notice Question

If 2 weeks notice is given and worked, you should be paid for it. If 2 weeks notice is given and the bank says we'd like you to leave today, you get paid thru today. If 2 weeks notice is given and you're asked to work only 1 week, 1 week is paid. There is no right to be paid for time that you don't work, even if the proper notice is given.

The normal standard, not just in banking but everywhere, is 2 weeks notice. I have seen some businesses that require 4 weeks, and also interviewed at one company that said if i were to be hired and leave within 3 years of the hire date, I would owe them money for what they invested training me (this was in the mid-80s, it was $7k if leaving in 12 months, $13K if 12-24 months, and $22k if 25-36 months). I politely declined the offer.

Anyway, back to topic, you get paid what you work. Also, if you are in the bonus pool and leave before bonuses are paid, you get no bonus.