Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Jokerman
Title: Re: help! what should I do??

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
No. I applied through careerbuilder. It was a simple resume submission, nothing more.

Is calling their hr really a good idea? Wouldnt that eliminate any chance for an interview?

Well, it certainly won't help, but I'd be awfully skeptical about an offer from such an inconsiderate employer, anyway.

As for your existing position, I'd just tell the supervisor that you have a duty to yourself, family, etc., to continuously look for opportunities to advance yourself professionally, and that while you hope those come up with your current employer, you'd be foolish not to explore other options. I'd note that this was simply sending in a resume, and that if any search became something serious you'd be sure to keep your current employer and supervisor in the loop, and give plenty of time for a transition. In the meantime, if they'd like to have a conversation with you about your worth to the organization and the opportunities they are grooming you for, they're welcome to do so.