Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Beagles22
Title: Re: Officer of Bank's 2nd DUI

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Anon2 sez: Is the offender a registered mortgage loan originator? Because arrest records are relevant to the bank to consider whether to hire (or keep) an originator, though I'm not sure DUI rises to that level. But again, that's only your business if you are in HR or compliance and the SAFE Act falls under your department.

On a personal level, I wish they'd put him in a drunk tank for 30 days. He could kill somebody with his reckless disregard for life and the law.

SAFE act post only - I am also not sure DUI would qualify - but assaulting an officer may? I am in charge of SAFE Act in my bank, and we look at all criminal charges filed at the time of registration when we do the background check, as well as if we have 'knowledge' of any criminal charges while they are registered. We don't take any action on charges unless they are found guilty - which thank goodness I have not had to deal with - but even if not guilty we ask for a written explanation as it speaks to character of the MLO. Now, your reporting of it would certainly depend on your position in the company and theirs. For instance I would be expected to inform our Chief Risk Officer, because she is my boss, and I am responsible for controlling risk in our company. However, if another lender or a teller were to have the information I would concur with MYOB as it may not be taken the same way depending on your (and their) place in the company. Just my 2 cents....