Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Ishmael
Title: Re: CRCM Exam

My experience is similar to the original poster's, but my experience was in lending at community banks, with no practical deposit or BSA/AML experience. I had 5 years of experience (4 in community banks, 1 in a national bank) when I took the test, and I was always interested in deposits and BSA/AML, took all the trainings available through my banks, read articles, etc. I'm a lawyer, too, and real comfortable with sitting still and creating and studying outlines, doing flashcards, etc. from law school.

I went to a 1 week ABA-run school and studied 2-3 hours daily for a month before the test. I passed comfortably. Friends at work without the sort of experiences I got doing compliance in smaller banks--consulting the eCFR, reading Staff Interpretations, properly disclosing construction loans, scrubbing a LAR, etc.--also passed. In a way it was a letdown that this test I'd been really campaigning to take for 3 or 4 years could be passed easily by people with a totally different background/skills, but then again, there's many ways to skin a cat, and many different skills needed to manage a compliance program. I think it's nearsighted to think otherwise.

It sounds doable for you. Good luck!