Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: REQUIRED "Team Building"

Started a new job several months back and have within the last few weeks have a new manager.

In the next month of so he's planning a "team building" outing: bowling (and in his own words, drinks)

This is after-hours and will be required.

Here's the question:

I do indulge in the sauce (LOL) but I never mix business with pleasure. In all my years of company Christmas parties, I've always sipped a Coke. I just don't think booze and coworkers is a good fit.

Beyond that, my free time is my free time. I don't see enough of my family and friends as it is, and I can think of nothing I'd rather do less than spend a Friday night bowling with my coworkers. Which brings me to my next point:

This is UNPAID, but REQUIRED.

I probably sound like a stick in the mud (I'm not, truly), just have a life outside of my 9-5 job.

Help. Do I put on my big girl panties and go and hate every second of it? Do I make a last minute excuse? Do I tell the truth and sound like a non-team player? Do I go to their boss and say this idea is not my cup of tea? (or shot of Jag?)