Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Richard Insley
Title: Re: REQUIRED "Team Building"

Originally Posted By David Dickinson
Good discussion Richard. I think this is turning into a great dialogue from which we all gain!
At this point, I'm spent on this lengthy thread, but I hope we've stimulated others to think about the topic. That's the beauty of BOL. From the beginning, we've hammered issue after issue in a way that puts a broad range of ideas, experiences, and differing opinions on the table for everyone to discuss and analyze.

Originally Posted By David Dickinson
I teach on Culture & Organizational Health as much as I teach specific regulatory topics...ABA Compliance Graduate School...conferences
That's great...and much needed! This is an evergreen topic that needs to reach executive audiences.

One of the most enjoyable and rewarding presentations I did over all my years as regulator, banker, and consultant was a case study for the Stonier Graduate School of Banking. It was a a Socratic Method Discussion and was part of the Stonier curriculum for 10 years. The "case" placed students (all of whom were on a track to a corner office) in the unenviable position of a newly hired CEO who discovered on the first day of the job that s/he had stepped into a regulatory disaster. It was a "perfect storm" of all the horrible problems I had ever seen--everything from money laundering to discrimination. The purpose of the case wasn't to teach executives about regulations, but rather to sensitize them to the damage that can result from neglect and bad attitudes toward regulations (or any other major responsibility)--i.e., a rotten corporate culture. I wanted them to see how important it is for the right tone to be set at the very top of a bank and flow down through the entire organization.