Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: HappyGilmore
Title: Re: Large Deposit

just a couple of lingering questions:

1. he thought he inherited a couple of hundred acres but it is 22,000. how does one get confused about that? with something of this large value, surely there was probate and the attorney would have spelled out what he was inheriting
2. relative left the property to "him and a buddy". why would the buddy be included? seems odd
3. property includes many of the town government buildings...so where is the rent for those going?
4. in the middle of the night at the hotel someone slipped him paperwork telling him where to go look for the entire amount he owned? yeah, nothing fishy about this
5. property tax bills are sent annually, with one reminder notice when coming late (at least that is my experience), and includes what the property description is, so not sure why "every time he turned around the town was sending him notices or bills of things to "fix" or tax bills or why he didn't realize what he owned
6. he has all his ducks in a row but doesn't know when the money is coming?
7. you say he is a prospective customer but the $10,000,000 is already deposited into his account. doesn't sound prospective to me, sounds like an established customer.
8. he keeps the $10,000,000 whether the "buyer" buys the property or not?
9. he is going to get over a billion dollars but doesn't want to go to where the big banks are to deal with it?

way too many flags in this story to make me think there is any credibility to it whatsoever. but let me know next tuesday if he shows up with a check for a billion dollars to deposit, or if you get an incoming wire for the same amount...

thank you for the wednesday morning laugh.