Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: CRCM CE credits to be $50 for each submission?

"There are a lot of ways to keep abreast of changes without taking time away from work to attend conferences."

It seems to me that the ABA is doing this to try to "force" CRCM's into attending their annual conference and/or other training programs. I really don't like that they are trying to force me to attend their training programs.

Looking at this further... If a webinar wasn't offered by the ABA and isn't pre-approved (how many webinar providers are going to suddenly shell out big bucks for each webinar to be "pre-approved"), I will have to pay $50 for EACH submission? With 60 CE credits required every 3 years, attending 30, 2 hour webinars would cost and EXTRA $1,500!!!! Even at $500 a year (over 3 years), that is INSAIN! Even if all the programs attended were 5 CE hours each, I would have 12 at $50 for an extra $600, and I really doubt my employer will cover this new expense.

I get that the ABA can do what they want, but this sort of feels like a dying industry that can't figure out how to innovate and survive without sacrificing their customers.

Maybe its time to pursue a different certification, or just let it drop like others have said.

Wow, ABA.