Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: Address validation

Originally Posted by Anonymous
We currently will not accept a bank statement from another FI as proof of address. I would like to propose that we change this.

The reasoning was that "customers don't always update their address with their FI"-- but I don't think that should be a reason not to accept a statement as proof of address if it does match. If the address didn't match, we wouldn't use it regardless.

Is there some unknown risk I am missing?

So you're willing to weaken an already weak process? Much like mentioned above, anyone can get mail sent anywhere.

When FB was having a tizzy about "real names", I, as a person that uses a "stage name" had to provide a piece of mail with my stage name on it. I subscribed to a magazine, and had it sent to my home. The person that it was addressed to, in theory, doesn't exist, yet the post office still delivered it.

We ask for a W from their employer with their address on it. Unemployed? A copy of their unemployment statement. This seems more legit than a piece of mail that anyone could send to anyone, anywhere.