Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: John Burnett
Title: Re: BOLers Not Participating

Originally Posted by M Cockrell
Agreed.

(PS - There's also the chance that no one wants to be slapped down by Randy, Dan, John, Andy, et al. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh )

I consider it a privilege to be mentioned in the same sentence with Randy, Dan and Andy (and al ;D). Personally, I have usually tried to use a "velvet glove" when disagreeing with a post, but there may have been times when I might have used a bit gentler language.

When I see the same questions being asked hundreds (yes, hundreds) of times, I sometimes have to remind myself that there are always newbies in banking and in compliance who haven't been in these threads enough to realize they are repeating one of the "golden oldie" questions. Or have never had the time to read (or didn't realize there were) Federal Register documents that explain some of the reasoning behind the rules they have to comply with. Or never realized that TRID spelled backwards is DIRT.

But you can be assured that I will always ask bankers why they still offer NOW accounts. And I may "slap down" (with my velvet glove, of course) the next person who asks how to factor a "bonus" into the APY when it's only paid to a new account holder who uses their debit card 10 times in the first three months after the account's opened.