Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: "Christmas Money"

Originally Posted by HappyGilmore
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WELL OF COURSE old bills spend the same as new bills. But try telling that to "Grandma" who likes to send all of her grandkids new $20's.

And it "is really a big deal" since they FED does NOT have 2 periods where they send nothing but new. Did you read the link rlcarey posted?

yep, i read it. my local FRB branch twice a year sends out new currency for a 2-3 week period, they notify us ahead of time, and that is all you get, no fit currency, nothing but new.

but, as the notice you are referencing says "As a result, depository institutions received high volumes of new notes in all denominations. The significant increase in new notes paid out into the market contributed to the decision to suspend the holiday currency order." so, you have access to new currency, just set it aside and hold for grandma.

and, finally, "For questions related to this change, please contact your local cash services department." i've found our local FRB office to be very accommodating of late in currency issues, perhaps yours may be as well.

Happy, I re-read my post and it came across as kind of "snappy". That wasn't my intent, even though the CAPS might prove otherwise, LOL. My apologies.