Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: Coworkers vs Facebook "friends"

Another anon: My plan would be

a) Immediately review all FB privacy settings. In the past they have repeatedly altered default settings such that things you thought were private were public. They also have tricky settings like "Let friends of friends" see my photos/posts, etc. So your HR buddy may already be looking at what you post.

b) Ignore the FB "friend" request. Don't hit "Decline" or anything; just leave it hanging, forever. Treat it like a "Can HR monitor your private life?" request.

c) If that person were to ask me about it at work, I'd say: Oh, I'd be happy to be your FB friend, once you or I retire. Till then it is my policy not to be "FB Friends" with my HR department. I don't do things online that would get me in trouble, but I also don't want to voluntarily submit to monitoring. If this is unacceptable to the bank, please email me the policy on that.

d) If they pressed forward insisting that I allow it, I'd respond by deleting my FB account.