Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: Post-consummation CD for clerical error, > 60 days

Hi all,

I tried searching the forum for this but was unsuccessful (probably user error, as it seems like it would be a common/basic question... but I digress).

We have an issue where we discovered through post-closing QC that we failed to preface a title charge with, "Title -" on the Closing Disclosure.

However, since we discovered this > 60 days after consummation and it is a clerical error, we are having an internal discussion about whether a corrected CD is required, since §1026.19(f)(2)(iv) outlines that in order to cure this violation, a corrected PCCD must be issued to the borrower within 60 days.

My thought is that the corrected CD should still be issued, as minor as that error seems to be.

I feel like I've read some type of guidance before that was more along the lines of, "Within 60 days, or when the error is discovered, whichever is earlier," but I can't find that verbiage. Does anyone know if such verbiage exists related to any type of post-consummation cures?