New Project...Purchase Orders

Posted By: RBanker

New Project...Purchase Orders - 10/22/03 01:37 PM

As the trainer for a growing bank, we have seen our external training expense go through the roof - I have been tasked with researching and setting up a Purchase Order system whereby I have to approve all education expenses prior to the fact ('Oh, Joy'). Can anyone point me in the right direction for something like this. Thanks much, in advance.
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: New Project...Purchase Orders - 10/22/03 02:02 PM

We have a process in place kinda like what you describe. We're spread over a lot of geography, though - so it's just not as easy as it sounds. A simple training request form, completed and sent to your attention might do the trick - or an email request.

The hard part is getting everyone to follow the process. Obviously, if you don't know about it, you can't do anything about it. This will work only if your top management is emphatic about it to the staff, and if there's some kind of accountability for not following the procedures.
Posted By: Risk Officer

Re: New Project...Purchase Orders - 10/22/03 04:51 PM

For training that we know about in advance, the Training Director approves during the annual budget process. If the budget is approved, no other approval is required. This also helps Executive Management, the Training Officer, and the Personnel Committee see an overview of training for the coming year and make adjustments where appropriate.

Other training requests throughout the year are approved by the Personnel Committee which meets monthly.