Charge for Lost Debit Card

Posted By: ElectronicUser

Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/16/15 04:18 PM

We're reviewing our fee structure and in particular, the current lost debit card reissue fee. With the switch to EMV and the higher production costs associated with that, what are financials charging for a lost debit card? Have you increased the fee due to EMV? Thanks!
Posted By: burke116

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/16/15 05:18 PM

We don't charge
Posted By: Complycated

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/16/15 07:00 PM

We currently charge $10.00 but have just started discussing possibly raising it due to EMV.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/16/15 07:21 PM

We do not have EMV and charge a $5.00 replacement fee. Ours are created on-site.
Posted By: WIBanker91

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/16/15 09:18 PM

We are looking at increasing our fee from $5. I am debating as to whether this needs to be disclosed ahead under Reg DD. It is optional to replace it and not directly related to a deposit or withdrawal fee.
Posted By: ahkcompliance

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/17/15 03:27 PM

We charge $10 for a replacement card to be ordered.
Posted By: ElectronicUser

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/17/15 08:54 PM

Thanks everyone! We currently charge $10 but waive the first lost card. The consideration was to raise it higher and we've heard one financial has it at $20. We'll probably leave ours at $10.
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 12/17/15 09:18 PM

It's implied in several responses, but the fee is not for "losing" the card as the subject line would suggest, it's for providing the replacement. It just sounds better. grin
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 01/13/16 02:20 PM

Do we have anti-trust issues with this thread?? Even though a specific bank is not mentioned?
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 01/13/16 02:22 PM

Yes - it does present such issues and it is also probably a violation of OCC regulations if any of the participants are National Banks.
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 01/13/16 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By WIBanker91
We are looking at increasing our fee from $5. I am debating as to whether this needs to be disclosed ahead under Reg DD. It is optional to replace it and not directly related to a deposit or withdrawal fee.
It's not a fee that is covered by Reg DD. It could be considered a fee covered by Reg E, though.
Posted By: terpsfan

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 06/10/16 04:23 PM

Why would it not be covered by Reg DD?
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: Charge for Lost Debit Card - 06/10/16 06:37 PM

I don't think it's a fee imposed in connection with the account. I'd agree, though, that it's fee under Reg E that relates to the access device. You'd need to provide 21 days' advance notice of the change.