Happy Silver Anniversary!

Posted By: Richard Insley

Happy Silver Anniversary! - 10/27/00 11:24 AM

October 28, 2000 marks the 25th anniversary of Reg B!
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: Happy Silver Anniversary! - 10/28/00 04:14 AM

And for this, we should celebrate?

If we believe, as I do, that women and minorities have better access to credit than they did 25 years ago and that the ECOA/Reg. B are at least in part responsible, we should celebrate!

------------------
John Burnett
Cape Cod Bank and Trust

Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Happy Silver Anniversary! - 10/27/00 05:10 PM

John just isn't looking for a reason to celebrate. I will...but it is also my b-day. I'll be sure to include the revisions to B and many other regs as I blow out the candles.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Posted By: Mary Beth Guard

Re: Happy Silver Anniversary! - 10/27/00 06:09 PM

I think it's made a world of difference. And as a woman who would not have been happy with questions about childbearing, etc., from prospective creditors, I am very happy the law and reg exist.
Posted By: Richard Insley

Re: Happy Silver Anniversary! - 10/28/00 11:58 AM

When my wife & I applied for a mortgage in 1973, our lender told us he was doing us a favor by counting my wife's income at full value--common practice was to discount by 50%. At least we didn't have to sign a "baby letter."
Posted By: Tom Easterday

Re: Happy Silver Anniversary! - 10/31/00 08:22 PM

Funny you should bring up this occasion as Reg. B is the very reason for my "choosing" compliance as a way of life. I joined my current employer in October 1975 and started working in a totally non-compliance capacity. In early 1976, my boss dropped Reg. B on my desk saying, "Here...you take care of this. I hate this government c**p. And the rest is history.
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: Happy Silver Anniversary! - 11/01/00 06:23 PM

As much as I decry government's ubiquitous intrusion into our lives, ECOA and Regulation B are clearly among Washington's better creations!

------------------
John Burnett
Cape Cod Bank and Trust