Facebook

Posted By: Compliance Action Subscriber 1226

Facebook - 03/18/20 02:45 PM

My bank controls our Facebook page and have not posted on it, but are considering posting our intent for the coronavirus, as to if we will keep the lobby open and when we will close it. What I need to know is guidelines for posting on Facebook. I would think it would be somewhat the same as advertising. Any guidelines would be appreciated.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Facebook - 03/18/20 02:49 PM

Under current conditions, if all you are doing is disseminating general information about bank operations - I would not give a you know what about much - unless you are going to violate Facebook rules of which I know nothing about.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Facebook - 03/18/20 07:48 PM

Google Terms of service for Facebook and that's a start. https://www.facebook.com/terms.php

I have a small business on FB and one thing it does want are your hours of operation and like a Google search it often wants to say the business is open or closed... Also FB will monitor how long you take to respond to requests so if you start using FB now, be checking for questions. Your customers may be contacting you there now so it should be checked if you have an open account.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Facebook - 03/18/20 07:55 PM

This may be a god time to get into social media, but also consider signage on the doors, on your billboards that are easily changed, internet banking messages, emails to customers, etc. If you haven't been using FB, unless you have a strong following who will see it? It shouldn't be a primary means but can certainly be used to supplement other notices.
Posted By: Compliance Action Subscriber 1226

Re: Facebook - 03/18/20 08:21 PM

Not being used as a supplement to other notices - we are putting signage on the doors and on the website as events evolve

Thank you to everyone