Compliance Auditing

Posted By: Anonymous

Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 07:37 PM

I have recently started trying to compile an audit plan for the deposit side of compliance. The information I have found so far tends to deal more with internal audit rather than being compliance focused. Does anyone know of any resources on the internet that deal more with compliance auditing?
Posted By: NotALawyer

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 08:24 PM

Two great sources I have found are Kirchman's Big Orange Book (BOB) Kirchman.com and a poduct by Shechunoff Sheshunoff.com . Kirchman is free and mainly provides information about compliance rather than compliance review checklists. Sheshunoff has a Bank Compliance on CD that is GREAT for compliance audits. However, it comes at a price.

I hope this helps (and I hope I entered the links correctly...)
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 08:32 PM

I build my programs from the OCC's compliance handbooks. You have to customize them, but they're well written.
Posted By: Tina A Sweet

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 08:40 PM

I am an OCC regulated bank. I just recently underwent a Compliance exam. I use Alexinformation's Regulatory Compliance Audit Program. Let me tell I love this program and the examiners thought it to be a great tool.
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 08:58 PM

I agree with Tina. We also have the Alex Information books. Great checklists.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 09:24 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions. How might I go about finding the Alex Information Books? Do they have a website?
Posted By: NMB

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 09:41 PM

The ABA also has a compliance audit manual. It is probably similar to Sheshunoff's. I don't know which one is less expensive.
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/22/02 09:58 PM

They do indeed. I will be glad to give you the address, but I am not sure about the rules on this forum regarding posting a vendor's email. Send me your email address via PM (click on my name link) and I will give you the address.
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/23/02 02:56 PM

I swear by Kirchman's Big Orange Book. The regulations are explained in English, not legalese, and they sometimes include security (audit) procedures. (I hope I put a happy face on this; my eyesight is going, and I can't tell what half of the expressions are on those little yellow guys!)
Posted By: Rangers Fan

Re: Compliance Auditing - 08/26/02 05:45 PM

We use a local company's compliance audit checklists, BOB, the Alex Info and an older publication (not sure if it is out there anymore)-Shesunoff's Compliance Officer's Management Manual. They all have various lists where eventually everything will get covered. We also use the FDIC exam manual for a supplement, if we get bored with the other tools. Okay, that was a joke, sorta. You can LOL now.