Establishing a Branch

Posted By: Anonymous

Establishing a Branch - 10/23/02 08:15 PM

I'm currently in the process of applying to establish a new branch. We are FDIC supervised. My question has to do with the requirement for a statement on the impact of the proposal on the human environment. Does anyone know what exactly I should write? I can't find anywhere in the reg. where it says exactly what they're looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Jamie
Posted By: BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT

Re: Establishing a Branch - 10/23/02 10:03 PM

Actually, it's my understanding that "human environment," should be interpreted as simply environment, e.g. local zoning laws and regulations, along with the impact on traffic.

Therefore, what is the impact of a branch at the proposed, or general, location on local zoning laws and regulations, along with the impact on traffic?

I cannot imagine having to write up the actual human impact!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Establishing a Branch - 10/24/02 02:51 PM

I suggest calling your regional FDIC office and simply asking what they intend to see for this response. You will no doubt save yourself some headaches and perhaps a revision.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Establishing a Branch - 10/24/02 07:32 PM

We have gotten more than 20 branch approvals through the FDIC in the last 2 years. In each case we simply stated that there was no detrimental impact to the human enviroment from the opening of the branch and that was the end of it. This is small stuff so don't swet it.