introduction

Posted By: CHT

introduction - 11/21/02 06:13 PM

I am relatively new to this discussion group and wanted to introduce myself! My name is Carol Tucker [aka beladona or cht online] and you can learn far more than you really want to know at http://www.voght.com/cgi-bin/pywiki?AsCht

I maintain a list of resources that I use regularly -- you are more than welcome to use and/or add to them at http://www.voght.com/cgi-bin/pywiki?SpecificallyBankingLinks
Posted By: Kara S

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 06:16 PM

Welcome to BOL!
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 06:24 PM

Run now while you're still sane woman! Umm I mean, Welcome!!!!
Posted By: Bear Collector, CRCM

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 08:46 PM

Carol,
Its good to have another "Marylander" in the Group! Welcome!
Leslie
Posted By: JacF

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 09:00 PM

Hi Carol! My name is Jac and I'm a BOLoholic.
Posted By: LiL Bit Moore

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 09:04 PM

Jac - I am new in BOL land also...is there a hotline for this type of addiction...I have got to get some work done
Posted By: Kara S

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 09:08 PM

BOLanonymous

"Hi, my name is Kara and I'm a BOL junkie."

Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 09:13 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The true BOL addict has dual monitors so that multiple threads can be viewed by opening your browser at least 3 times on each monitor. 6 threads at once. That's the test.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: introduction - 11/21/02 09:23 PM

A True BOLoholic - I get home at 2:00 AM yesterday morning from the airport. I logon to BOL to check the threads and unwind before going to bed.

By the way, welcome to you Carol Tucker (CHT).
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: introduction - 11/22/02 01:55 AM

Ummm.. I'm not real good on these group confessionals - but I also extend a warm Welcome!
BOL Addicts - Not-so-Annonymous-at-times
Posted By: CHT

Re: introduction - 11/22/02 07:28 PM

hail and well met everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome.

but where are the peanuts? I LIKE peanuts....

And thank you for the definition of BOL-aholism, I will carefully monitor for symptoms. Although I am new to BOL, I am a confirmed community-aholic already, so I am particularly apt to fall.... IS there any place where the knowledge management folks hang out?

Leslie, I was just in your territory last week -- had an interview with your credit admin!
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: introduction - 11/22/02 07:31 PM

OH MY GOSH!!! Andy I just closed the second window...How did you know?

LMAO we share the same shoes...and horrible habbits? I just have to visit his bank and bother him when I get to Texas next trip
Posted By: EllenA

Re: introduction - 11/22/02 08:17 PM

Glad it's not just me. I've only been using this for about a week, and just this morning I was thinking that today I would try to limit my time on BOL (yeah right -- and only one drink at happyhour too)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: introduction - 11/22/02 08:18 PM

Try 15 browser windows open at once -- each with a different thread up (or some other page), all too precious to consider closing. Then, something happens and the browser crashes, closing all windows simultaneously. At that point, you can only emit noises that do not sound human.
Posted By: Rangers Fan

Re: introduction - 11/22/02 08:36 PM

CHT, welcome and as you may have already realized from the previous posts, this is about as close to a support group as you will find. And from the same posts, it is apparent that we NEED a support group. I came in to work today not feeling well but was thinking "I will get some stuff done and go home early". Then I logged on and got a little too happy to find answers to some audit questions, and of course this just energized me enough to decide to stay the whole day. That said........ "Hi, I'm a BOL-aholic and welcome."