Travel Policies

Posted By: Anonymous

Travel Policies - 01/10/03 01:25 PM

Does anyone have a corporate policy limiting the number of bank officers that may travel on business on the same airplane? If so, is this addressed as part of your business continuation/disaster recovery policies?

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 01:55 PM

Hmmmm, now there's a thought... put them all on the same plane... hmmmm...

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 02:26 PM

The bank I used to work for prohibited the Chairman of the Board, CEO, and Executive Vice President from travelling on the same plane. Two of the three could travel together, but not all three.

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 02:28 PM

Forgot to say: we had no written policy about the three travelling together, but everyone in the bank knew the rule and the three of them lived by it.
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 02:56 PM

I don't believe that we have a policy per se, but I do know that our management is aware of that and try to take that into account when they travel.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 02:59 PM

Travel, what's travel? I don't get to go anywhere!

When I worked for Bank One about 5 1/2 years ago they had a corporate policy that addressed this. I don't remember the specifics, but it primarily adressed Senior Management and "Key" personnel of the affiliates and I think similar to the policy posted above. I do believe it was in the continuation/disaster recovery policy, but don't remember for sure.

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 03:10 PM

All 3 on 1 plane........
oh sorry

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 03:27 PM

Do you at least get to pick which 2 to put on the plane???
Posted By: Ted Dreyer

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 04:00 PM

In reply to:

Travel, what's travel? I don't get to go anywhere!

Oh, come on now! Weren't you just basking in the warmth of St. Cloud, MN just a couple of months ago?
Posted By: complyguy

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 04:09 PM

From "Star Trek Rules for Life"...

Never put all of your bridge officers on the same shuttle craft.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Travel Policies - 01/10/03 04:49 PM

In reply to:

Oh, come on now! Weren't you just basking in the warmth of St. Cloud, MN just a couple of months ago?

As I said, I don't get to go any where!

With the travel and meeting schedule, I really didn't get to see much of St. Cloud, but it made such an impression that I actually forgot about going up there in Nov.

Geez Ted, did you actually remember that, I'm impressed.
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Travel Policies - 01/14/03 01:02 AM

In reply to:

Do you at least get to pick which 2 to put on the plane???

You know...this worries me. I'm always required to travel with another officer when I go out into the wilderness....I wonder if that's planned. The guy they send is a bit of a putz...is it me or him they want gone?

The previous bank I worked at followed the Star Trek rules, No more than two senior management (or star trek officers) and one expendable guy that can be eaten by Tribbles. (He wasn't required for bank travel but it might be a nice idea to leave a "suit" in every city management visits....