Mobile Home/3rd party land and escrow

Posted By: Live 2 Comply

Mobile Home/3rd party land and escrow - 03/20/23 06:28 PM

Ok, I am a little stumped on this situation. Customer is borrowing money on 5 acres and a mobile home. The customer does not own the land but there is another person on the title of the mobile home who does own the land. This mobile home has been renovated considerably and the insurance company actually has a commercial policy on it as a house, 5 acres and an additional 100 acres and our customer is not on the insurance policy. The insurance policy does not separate the properties premium. Obviously, our customer does not want to be paying escrow on land that they have no ownership of. What would be the best way to proceed with this? Thanks.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Mobile Home/3rd party land and escrow - 03/20/23 06:58 PM

Not make the loan or escrow for it all. Thier choice. Or tell them to get a separate policy for the house since it appears to be personal property. I assume it is the principal dwelling of the borrower?
Posted By: Live 2 Comply

Re: Mobile Home/3rd party land and escrow - 03/20/23 07:54 PM

Yes it is the principal dwelling of the borrower. That works. I was tripped up on the fact that the customer is not paying insurance on the m/h or land, the landowners are.