Construction Loan and Property Address

Posted By: 3up3down

Construction Loan and Property Address - 10/19/15 04:25 PM

We have a customer that wants to build a house on some land that his father is going to deed him. It is located in a rural area where the father owns many acres. We do not have an actual address yet, but we do know the area where the house will be built. There is not an actual address on the property yet. However, they want to start building ASAP. How do I need to list the address on the Loan Estimate? Is this even possible? Thank you in advance.
Posted By: Beth175

Re: Construction Loan and Property Address - 10/19/15 05:29 PM

I think you at least need a zip code but might also need a lot number or legal description. Sorry but I can't remember for certain all of the requirements but I do know you always need a zip code listed on the LE.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Construction Loan and Property Address - 10/19/15 05:39 PM

I would use a short legal and zip for now.

Re: Construction Loan and Property Address - 10/19/15 05:52 PM

It has not been surveyed off yet, so I do not have a legal yet. Can I just use TBD, City, State, Zip? Or should I wait to send the LE until I have more information?
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Construction Loan and Property Address - 10/19/15 07:40 PM

I'm leery of holding a disclosure when you know the location, just not a postal 'code'. What significance does it have to your disclosures...anything? If not, don't you at least know land lot/districts, or something unique to the area? Or county, parrish, zip?

Re: Construction Loan and Property Address - 10/19/15 07:51 PM

I do know the city and the zip code and have them listed. Do I need to put any other specifics on the address i.e. Can I just put TBD where the street address would normally be?
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: Construction Loan and Property Address - 10/19/15 08:07 PM

Do you know the section number? That might be a workable solution. I also would not hold the LE because it has not been surveyed out yet.