New Information - Add Fee?

Posted By: Owlman

New Information - Add Fee? - 04/16/18 02:11 PM

We have received new information from the appraisal that the dwelling in question is not quite finished. The lender wants to issue a revised LE with a changed circumstance since there will be an additional cost for the final inspection prior to closing. Are we allowed to issue a revised LE since this is new information? I'm finding where a fee can be increased, just not where it can be added.

Thanks
Posted By: Tracey, CRCM

Re: New Information - Add Fee? - 04/16/18 03:49 PM

Yes, you can re-issue the LE as this is new information

Re: New Information - Add Fee? - 04/16/18 03:51 PM

Thanks Tracey! I'm always skittish about adding any fees that were not originally on the LE.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: New Information - Add Fee? - 04/16/18 03:56 PM

I think it depends--could/should your bank have known about the need for a final inspection at the time of issuing the LE (your statement about the dwelling being "not quite finished" makes me wonder if your bank shouldn't have already known that)? If so, i don't see how you can call it a valid changed circumstance. I think it comes down to whether you truly did your due diligence in developing a good faith estimate of loan costs at that time.

Re: New Information - Add Fee? - 04/16/18 04:01 PM

Alright raitchjay, I guess it comes down to a discussion with the lender regarding what we knew, and when we knew it. Thank you for your input.
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: New Information - Add Fee? - 04/18/18 03:52 PM

"What did we know, and when did we know it?" is the key question for any LE. Or better yet, "What did we know, and when should we have known it?"