Submission Problems

Posted By: JWills, CRCM

Submission Problems - 02/08/19 03:39 PM

To those of you that have already submitted your 2018 HMDA LAR, did you have any issues? I have attempted to submit this morning, and it stalled and would not complete. I then logged out, and when I attempt to log back in I get an error, and to try back later. I did send an email to hmdahelp, but not sure how long it will be before I get an answer. Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Submission Problems - 02/08/19 03:56 PM

Nope...it went smoothly once I figured out I had one formatting error on my end.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/08/19 04:10 PM

I did the formatting check prior to the attempted submission, and it said I had no errors.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/08/19 09:11 PM

Apparently 919 validity errors was the cause for the delay. I have corrected those, and am now in the process of uploading again. And yet another reason why I love HMDA. frown
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Submission Problems - 02/11/19 02:01 PM

That would do it! Glad you got it figured out. wink

Re: Submission Problems - 02/11/19 04:51 PM

It is gone! Thank goodness.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: Submission Problems - 02/11/19 07:01 PM

I wonder if anyone is having a similar issue to what I am experiencing.

First upload attempt I had the underwriting result in the wrong field so had formatting errors. Went back to my Excel corrected that field, created a new lar in the pipe delimited format and re-uploaded the file. The exact same error occurs but that error does not actually exist in the file I re-uploaded. It's as if the platform is not analyzing the new file.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/11/19 09:03 PM

I had that happen as well. HMDA help told me to clear my cache, and restart my computer. It worked for me.
Posted By: Emily L

Re: Submission Problems - 02/11/19 09:22 PM

I am also having trouble submitting and I should only have 27 Quality errors according to HMDA Wiz. It's like the file is just frozen in the "Validating edits" stage. I logged out and logged back in and the file is stuck in the same place.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Submission Problems - 02/11/19 09:32 PM

Are you saving your resubmission file under a new name? If not try that.

My first upload is Name, 2nd upload is Name - 2, 3rd upload is Name -3, etc.

I submitted this morning around 10 AM without any issues.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/12/19 02:44 PM

Clearing my cache also worked for me. My file also got stuck on the validating edits stage and clearing my cache helped that also.
Posted By: chrise

Re: Submission Problems - 02/12/19 08:59 PM

Anyone have a syntactical error S303? Verified TIN, Federal Agency and LEI are correct but continue to get error.
Posted By: Lizard60

Re: Submission Problems - 02/13/19 05:21 PM

How do you clear your cache? I'm getting hung up also.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/13/19 07:14 PM

Tools - Internet Options - Browsing History - Delete
Posted By: Lizard60

Re: Submission Problems - 02/14/19 01:47 PM

Thanks, not very tech savvy! smile
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Submission Problems - 02/14/19 02:45 PM

It didn't like my password (i had it written down from last year)....and then i never got the email to reset my password (no, it wasn't in my junk mail). Still trying to figure it out. (Now have other, internal IT issues.) Fun.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/14/19 03:21 PM

Update....got the temporary password....got the internal issue fixed....got it submitted just now.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/14/19 03:31 PM

I was able to finally submit on Tuesday. It was a bit of a frustrating process as some of my fields weren't formatted correctly. It's nice to have it complete.

Now I'm crossing my fingers that the reporting thresholds will be raised so I won't have to deal with HMDA at all anymore!
Posted By: Smokey05

Re: Submission Problems - 02/15/19 05:57 PM

chrise,
I’m getting the same error and have verified our correct information. Curious if you have resolved this and what was your solution?
Posted By: MusicCityCRCM

Re: Submission Problems - 02/19/19 05:35 PM

We also had issues, rebooted and cleared history. Now it's stuck 'validating edits'. We may have to restart and try again.
Posted By: Ohmyachinghead

Re: Submission Problems - 02/19/19 07:37 PM

Do any of you use QuestSoft? I have auditor here today checking my LAR prior to submitting. Hoping I dont have any issues when it go to submit it!

Re: Submission Problems - 02/19/19 07:49 PM

I use QuestSoft.....once i got past my initial issue (really more of a HMDAHelp issue, since i needed to reset my password)...i didn't have any issues submitting through QS.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/19/19 07:52 PM

I kept getting stuck at the validation stage, but when I restarted my computer, it was all uploaded, and my edit report was waiting.
Posted By: Comply 101

Re: Submission Problems - 02/19/19 08:42 PM

Trying to reset my password, getting zero responses from anyone. Sent a password reset question to hmdahelp. Anyone else having password reset issues?

Re: Submission Problems - 02/19/19 08:52 PM

Yes.....if it's not getting thrown into your junk email, you may just have to wait until tomorrow. The next day, it finally came for me.
Posted By: Maggie80

Re: Submission Problems - 02/21/19 07:58 PM

that's me- Questsoft - and it's stuck. I am going to try your suggestions- clear Cache and restart.
I knew I could come here and get some help- thank you. Will let you know if it goes.
Posted By: Maggie80

Re: Submission Problems - 02/21/19 08:12 PM

well, no go- and now when I go to sign in to the CFPB for HMDA log in - it has Page not found -

It should not have to be this hard.
Posted By: solbrillante

Re: Submission Problems - 02/21/19 08:45 PM

I am hoping some of you who were successful can provide some help. I emailed the CFPB and I keep getting back canned responses of what to do, yet it seems they are not reading my email.

Our LAR is small, so we used the CFPB formatting tool to create the file. I also used the file verification tool and I received no errors. I also already cleared the cache. I verified there were no commas in the file, no spaces, the right alphanumeric or integer item, and everything else I could think of. I also tried both Internet Explorer and Chrome. When I try to upload, it immediately gives me an error and it says "An error occurred while submitting the data.". I don't know what else to tried, and I've already tried what the CFPB said.

Any ideas? Those of you who had many errors and believe that was the reason, should I focus on a particular field. We are not reporting many of the fields because of the exemption, so we have a lot of exempt and 1111.

Thanks

Re: Submission Problems - 02/21/19 08:51 PM

Maggie,

It's working now. It works when it wants to. I still can't upload though.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 02:14 PM

I was finally able to submit the LAR. The CFPB formatting tool has an error in design. Cell A17 is not formatted like the rest, and the field doesn't wrap, causing the pipe delimited file to be incorrect. I emailed the CFPB to let them know and see if they can fix it. I wonder how many others have the same issue. I fixed mine, but this was after looking at over 3,000 cells to find the discrepancy. Unbelievable.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 02:50 PM

"Cell A17 is not formatted like the rest"

I had no issues filing and I did not have to change the formatting for A17.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 03:25 PM

Hi Dan.

That's strange. That was the only thing different in the file. Once I corrected the formatting to match everything else, the file had no issues. I downloaded the blank spreadsheet and send screenshots to the CFPB, showing the format difference. I wish we had the old FFIEC application. It was so much easier.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 03:34 PM

Cell A17 is a free form text formatted wrap alignment field for you to enter your LEI . I would have to suspect the field's format somehow got changed by whomever entered the data. I'm not saying that as a fact but if it was a formatting error from the CFPB then I would have to think everyone trying to file would have had the same issue.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 03:46 PM

I downloaded the blank spreadsheet and send screenshots to the CFPB, showing the format difference

I just downloaded the blank form and cell A17 is not marked as a wrap alignment field. So I'm curious why I didn't have an issue....I don't remember changing the field format.....hmmmmmmm…..At least you know you weren't imagining things.... smile

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 04:53 PM

Dan, you made me laugh. Yes, I knew it wasn't me. That's why I went back to the blank one to see if I made a mistake and be 100% sure before I emailed the CFPB. I am pretty comfortable using these files, and I knew there was an error somewhere, because the pipe delimited file had blank spaces. But once I changed the format, I had no problems submitting. So who knows. But I wanted to share in case another person had the same issue. And even though I am comfortable with the files, it still terrifies me that simply clicking backspace by accident could remove a field in the LAR or change it to something else. It is nice that they offered the formatting tool for smaller institutions, but there is so much room for error. I was paranoid when submitting, just making sure I didn't click anything on the final spreadsheet.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 04:55 PM

I agree, there is so much room for error. One simple click can remove something, and you wouldn't know.
Posted By: bOaty

Re: Submission Problems - 02/22/19 11:27 PM

I can't even get us registered on their website OR get a password reset. :mad:
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Submission Problems - 02/25/19 07:27 PM

My submission has been stuck on 'validating edits' for nearly an hour and a half.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Submission Problems - 02/25/19 07:50 PM

QuestSoft Users take note - QuestSoft sent out an email on Friday at 3:00pm that included what to do if your submission is stuck. I was using Internet Explorer which the submission platform doesn't like. Switched to Chrome (Firefox was the other recommended choice) and my submission was loaded and gone in a flash.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/25/19 08:07 PM

Why does Internet Explorer still exist? It's like watching TV with a scratchy reception and rabbit ears.
Posted By: bOaty

Re: Submission Problems - 02/25/19 10:51 PM

We switched our submission over the Chrome and it worked almost instantly.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Submission Problems - 02/26/19 01:56 PM

Yep - I tried again this morning with Chrome and it went right through.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Submission Problems - 02/26/19 04:21 PM

yay! Glad it worked for you both.

raitch, internet explorer is our bank's choice, not mine. fwiw, the gubmint using firefox or chrome is just as questionable in their eyes.

Re: Submission Problems - 02/26/19 04:50 PM

TR, it's our choice here too.....and to me it's like choosing a 12 inch, black and white, rabbit ear TV over a modern big screen with HD.