Control Access Challenge

Posted By: RBanker

Control Access Challenge - 12/03/12 05:22 PM

I need some help from the collective BOL community brain trust - - -
We are leasing office space for a full service banking center in a building (we will have an end cap suite with drive up lanes).
The challenge is that the restrooms are shared with other tenants and the access to the restroom area is a manual key pad. (We will have a digital control access from the restrooms to our office) -
Has anyone run in to this before and how did you manage the security risks/concerns?
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Control Access Challenge - 12/04/12 01:33 PM

I came across this many years ago and as the restrooms were not on "bank" property it was in a common area it was not considered a risk. But today I would rethink it.
Posted By: manimal

Re: Control Access Challenge - 12/04/12 01:55 PM

We have leased space before with common bathrooms... I think the thing we stressed to employees was caution when entering and exiting through that door during the day. Make sure the door closes behind you and you aren't followed in... etc. We also made sure there was camera coverage over that entrance.

In addition, we limit which doors employees can go in and out of during non-business hours. So when they arrive at the branch, they are to enter through door A and door A only. Once the bank is open, they can enter/exit through any of the doors.

Not sure if this was the kind of information you were looking for or not, hope it helps!
Posted By: RBanker

Re: Control Access Challenge - 12/05/12 07:43 PM

Manimal, while I appreciate the logic of your comment, the real life application is that if someone 'really has to go' or if they get sick, it's really hard to tell them that they can't use the restroom until the bank opens or until they go home....

Still unsure........my fear is that there is no solution, and it's up to the management/staff to stay alert (and lucky).