Incident reporting

Posted By: Dana Turner

Incident reporting - 02/28/01 01:15 PM

Every institution should have a standardized reporting mechanism in place to track events and investigations that likely will involve the Security Officer. "Events" may include the reporting of suspicious persons and vehicles, medical emergencies that occur within the facility and potential safety issues. "Investigations" may include the infamous "mysterious cash disappearance", acts of forgery or a robbery.

Local law enforcement agencies often share their paper reporting forms with institutions conducting investigations, to help standardize the crime reporting and prosecuting process. An easier and more professional way, however, is to use a software program to track events and to write reports.

Please share the names and vendor information of the software programs that you use to compile and track security reports with other BankersOnline members.

Thanks!

------------------
Dana Turner
Security Education Systems
danaturner@bankersonline.com
830-535-6500

Posted By: Dana Turner

Re: Incident reporting - 03/12/01 06:56 PM

Okay -- let me put this post another way and try to resurrect this question.

There should be a written reporting mechanism and a routing procedure to document events and crimes within every facility (excluding CTRs and SARs). How do you document events and crimes within your institution?

------------------
Dana Turner
Security Education Systems
danaturner@bankersonline.com
830-535-6500

Posted By: Jan94

Re: Incident reporting - 06/27/01 03:07 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but we've had a brief discussion about what type of SARs the BSA officer reports to the board. Meaning, if the SAR relates to money-laundering, etc. then the BSA officer reports it, if it relates to internal incidents involving employees, then audit is sending these to the risk management senior officer for reporting. I always thought they were all to be reported by the BSA officer. He is also the bank's security officer. Is there any specific guidance on this? Thank you.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Incident reporting - 06/27/01 05:29 PM

SARs need to be reported to the board or a committee appointed by the board. But I don't know of any requirement that specifies who has to present it.

It should be someone knowledgeable about the event so that questions may be asked and answered.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.