Esign: Demonstrate

Posted By: Anonymous

Esign: Demonstrate - 01/30/03 10:16 PM

It would be appreciated if someone could help me with this: We are thinking about having customers use a computer in the bank's lobby to sign up for internet banking. The customer could give his affirmative consent to receive electronic disclosures, and the disclosures could be printed there for the customer to take and retain. If we used this method, would it also comply with the requirement for "the consumer to demonstrate the ability to access the information electronically"?

Posted By: Richard Insley

Re: Esign: Demonstrate - 01/30/03 10:26 PM

Unless the customer plans to come to the bank every day to see if there's a disclosure, receive it, and print it, this is not at all satisfactory. What's going to happen when the customer gets home and can't receive your disclosuregrams or open the files? ESIGN's "demonstration" standard involves a test drive of the consumer's hardware, software, Internet access, and email capabilities.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Esign: Demonstrate - 01/30/03 10:51 PM

Ditto Richard's comments. This is where UETA would actually allow this and it would be an abuse on the bank's part to do so.

If I could put in the international symbol of the red circle and a line through it or a sound bite screeching out EEECCCCCKKKK I would do so here.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Esign: Demonstrate - 01/31/03 03:50 PM

Thank you both for your help!