copyright symbol

Posted By: zaibatsu

copyright symbol - 10/09/03 04:37 PM

Does anyone know which keyboard strokes create a copyright symbol? I used to know, but I forgot. I searched for ASCII online, but the first couple of hits I got were no help.
Posted By: tsteele

Re: copyright symbol - 10/09/03 05:31 PM

(c) will turn into that symbol in Word.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: copyright symbol - 10/09/03 05:33 PM

Try © for HTML code and in ASCII, "Alt 169" on the keypad should do it ⌐ but it doesn't look like it is working here? UBB code difference?
Posted By: downstown

Re: copyright symbol - 10/09/03 06:32 PM

Try "Alt 0169" It seems to work here. ©
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: copyright symbol - 10/09/03 07:15 PM

Thanks. Actually, during a spell check of a lengthy document all of my (c)'s and (C)'s got converted to ©, so I want to do a search to get rid of them all. I assume I can put a © into a "find and replace" box.

Because I did not have an answer immediately, I already checked the document manually--what a pain. I just used the alt 0169 method and it worked like a charm. I found a © that I had not found before. Thanks guys!
Posted By: Becker

Re: copyright symbol - 10/21/03 01:37 PM

You probably know this, but you can go into Tools/ Autocorrect Options and turn that feature off so you don't have that problem in the future.
Posted By: reinkesd

Re: copyright symbol - 10/21/03 02:19 PM

I know your problem is solved, but if you forget the ALT #, if you're in word you can always use Insert - Symbol and get it there.
Posted By: UofLer

Re: copyright symbol - 11/04/03 12:55 PM

You can also use the Windows program "Character Map" to find the symbols for any type of font. Character Map is usually installed but if not go to Add/Remove programs and Windows setup and add it from there. It's a cool tool. (Really helps with Wingdings and Webdings!)