Requests for documentation 1005.11 d1 / ATM images

Posted By: CARM9

Requests for documentation 1005.11 d1 / ATM images - 11/04/13 08:49 PM

If a customer requests documentation used to deny a claim and that information includes photo images of a unknown suspect, are we required to provide those images to the customer as part of the documentation?
Posted By: BrianC

Re: Requests for documentation 1005.11 d1 / ATM images - 11/04/13 09:41 PM

I'm curious how photo images of an unknown suspect would lead you to deny a claim?
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Requests for documentation 1005.11 d1 / ATM images - 11/04/13 10:41 PM

Yeah - that has peaked my curiosity also.

Re: Requests for documentation 1005.11 d1 / ATM images - 11/04/13 10:43 PM

Cases are where the customer claims they do not know how their PIN was compromised, state it was memorized, but was guessed on the first fraud attempt. Activity is consistent with known fraud ring, images of prior customer use at ATM and the "claimed" fraud where the "unknown suspect" gets out of the customers auto. So when we deny, they reassert requesting documentation used to deny the claim. Just wondering if required to send images.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Requests for documentation 1005.11 d1 / ATM images - 11/04/13 10:54 PM

the "claimed" fraud where the "unknown suspect" gets out of the customers auto

Wow - you must have some pretty good camera's on those ATMs.

Sounds more like they were a victim of skimming to me or you have some really bad customers to be actively involved in fraud rings.

But to answer your question, yes - it is part of your documentation. In fact, it is probably your only documentation that means anything.

Re: Requests for documentation 1005.11 d1 / ATM images - 11/26/13 11:37 PM

What other types of documentation do you supply when a customer asks for it in connection with a claim??