E-Statement delivery

Posted By: SusyG

E-Statement delivery - 02/25/04 07:35 PM

We have been pushing statements for about a year and have been through a technology exam since implementation and our delivery, etc. was fine. Now for several reasons, we want to change our delivery method to pull and I have some questions about changing methods. Do those of you that currently pull have the statements available only in your internet banking product? If so, we have several customers that get e-statements but don't use internet banking (I know this is strange, but I'm sure you all know anything is possible), so do we continue to push these statements? Or can you make being enrolled in Internet Banking a requirement for receiving e-statements? Can you do that?

Also, we are going to offer an e-checking product where when the customer opens this type of account they get free bill pay basically in exchange for receiving their statements electronically. The accounts have to be opened in the banks. So we have our CSR's open the product and then tell them they have to go home and enroll in e-statements due to the e-sign requirements? And tell them if they don't that they don't qualify for the account?
We would have to monitor the newly opened accounts to make sure they enrolled? This seems really awkward to me. I know other banks have e-statements built into some of their products and would like to know how they handle the required enrollment process.
Posted By: PABanker

Re: E-Statement delivery - 02/25/04 07:57 PM

We have a completely separate e-Statement that does not require our customer to have online banking. The customer must have a valid email address for our statement notification email and gain access to their e-Statement. We did it this way as we wanted to gain additional customers in this medium than just online banking customers.

We actually have a separate secure server for this function only.

Re: E-Statement delivery - 02/25/04 08:54 PM

Yes, we have been doing it that way also, but want to change our delivery method now.
Posted By: bcure

Re: E-Statement delivery - 03/13/04 01:01 AM

We make them join OLB because it it the most secure form of delivery for the statements. OLB is free to them. BP is free with specific accounts. They want to use the OLB because they can also view check images online as well as recieving notifications and alerts of balance changes etc. 60 % of our clients are OLB users. 12% use BP, 20% currently opt-in for online statements. We are located in Silicon Valley though so they expect electronic services.

Re: E-Statement delivery - 03/15/04 10:38 PM

Thanks for the information! Could you also tell me what you use for the "test drive". How you verify that they are able to open the statement once in IB?