on-line home loan applications

Posted By: HubbaBubba

on-line home loan applications - 03/02/04 05:52 PM

We will be offering on-line applications for home loans. The application will be e-mailed to a loan officer. First question - will this application need to be signed or is having it submitted via the internet enough?

Second - will the servicing disclosure need to be signed?

Third - how will the Reg B signature requirements (as of 4/15/04)come into play? How will we know if the wife wants to apply for joint credit (assuming the husband is filling out the on-line application)?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!
Posted By: reinkesd

Re: on-line home loan applications - 03/03/04 02:54 PM

My recent experience is that everything that occurs in a in-person/mail submission must occur in an internet submission.

In other words, all signatures, disclosures, etc. must be in place. The one exception is the disclosures that do not need to be signed (such as CHARM booklet) can be provided online as long as the customer cannot get around them.

This is kind of a general response, but should point you in the right direction. If you need more specifics, feel free to PM me.
Posted By: SusyG

Re: on-line home loan applications - 03/03/04 03:17 PM

Look at this website www.fremontbank.com. Go through and start applying for a home loan and you will see where the disclosures need to be. I believe this is one of Al Miller's banks. It was a great reference source for me.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: on-line home loan apps - still confused - 04/22/04 03:45 PM

so with all e-disclosures in place, does that mean we do not need to eventually get the internet submitted application actually signed later?
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: on-line home loan apps - still confused - 04/23/04 12:25 AM

To a large degree that is up to you and whether you want that information "validated". If you sell off these loans the investor may want signatures, but the federal regulations do not require signatures in may places. Apps are not on the list if "sigs required".